C. Mason Revolver 1860 Army
With patents for the conversion of percussion revolvers, Colt® employees Charles Richards and William Mason cut off the cap-and-ball cylinders at the back and installed a conversion ring to accept cartridges. These conversion revolvers were favorites then and are enjoying popularity again as favorite reproductions. The Army version of the C. Mason revolvers features a steel backstrap and triggerguard, round barrel with from blade sight, and a larger-size Army grip. All C. Mason models feature a case-hardened forged steel frame, blued finish parts, modern ejector rod, and hammer with notched rear sight. Special finishes are available such as nickel finish upon request.